[NatureNS] Estimating walked distances on CBCs

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:35:34 -0400
From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

0.0px 0.0px"&gt;&lt;font face=3D"Courier" siz
------=_Part_64282_15349576.1229898934703

Even simpler, but more costly, would be to carry a powered up GPS unit - as
long as you have mapping software (I'm not sure if Google Earth would
suffice, but the software I bought with my unit does it well). Simply
transfer the "tracks" to your software, and you can see how far you have
walked and driven.

Does anyone know if Google Earth can deal with GPS unit tracks?

On 21/12/2008, Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca> wrote:

> That's a great way to do it.... now if only the Windsor area was high
> enough relosution so that I could see where I was actually going!
>
> This is also handy if you do the same route each year, especially a trail,
> etc. as you can get the distances beforehand.
>

> Pat
>

>  On Dec 21, 2008, at 12:45 PM, iamclar@dal.ca wrote:
>
>  Hi all -
>
> If you will carry out or have completed your Christmas Bird Count and are
> struggling to estimate your "Miles Walked" total, here's a great way
>
> Cheers, Ian McLaren

Randy
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of