[NatureNS] Northern Goshawk and Prey

Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 07:39:45 -0400
From: Brian Dalzell <aythya@nb.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I watched a Sharp-shinned Hawk do a similar thing about a year ago.  It
landed near a feeder and all the sparrows went into a thick privet
hedge.  The Sharpie started at the top of the hedge and worked his way
to the bottom, whereupon he simply reached out and grabbed a cowering
Dark-eyed Junco from the ground with one leg, then flew away.