[NatureNS] Broad wings & Gannets.

From: "Dave/Sharon" <dash.bi@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:13:51 -0300

Tanks a a bunch Bob for the info but from what I see Gannet are very
reluctant to fly over land. More ???? How are they getting from the Gulf of
St Lawrence into Fundy. I guess its quite obvious but seems not what they
would like to do.  A few yrs back we had a grounded Gannet in our yard,
after some personal blood letting at the "bill"of the rescued I got it back
to water where it promptly took flight.
Dave
Brier