[NatureNS] Re: HELLEBORINE

From: <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:22:01 -0400

Hi there,

Bernard Forsythe documented the first occurrence in Nova Scotia of the Broad-leaved Helleborine orchid
(Epipactis helleborine), in Blomidon Provincial Park.  I believe that was in 1985.  It has been spreading since then in a variety of habitats, though I haven't heard of it being seen along the Atlantic coastal side of the province.

Cheers,

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax