[NatureNS] CAUTION Tick Talk - Pulling a tick off the skin is

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 10:03:25 -0300
From: hvandoninck@eastlink.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

There is a product on the market that can be bought at most vet clinics called the " tick twister". Its like a little crowbar which you insert between the  tick and the skin and twist..making the tick release. I LOVE this gadget and I think the inventor needs an award. They usually cost between 6-10 dollars and I use mine all the time. I am seeing ticks on my pets, on patients in the vet practice, and on wildlife at our rehab centre. I pulled as many as 20 off of a baby mink we recently recieved.

Thanks

Helene Van Doninck
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Truro NS 893-0253