[NatureNS] re sighting of monarch butterfly and question

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:57:26 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

  &lt;td width=3D"100%" valign=3Dtop style=3
Hi All,            June 28, 2008
    It is listed as as undesirable under the Noxious Weed Act; a truly
noxious Act. And Monarchs are about as far removed from demise as it is
possible to be.

    If efforts to control milkweed were effective then I suppose the
'ban' might be detrimental to Monarchs. But 'Control' (when effected)
often consists of pulling the plants out which produces the very soil
conditions that milkweed needs for continued prosperity and funds or
energy usually run out long before the milkweed is inconvenienced.

Yt, DW

    .