[NatureNS] SUMMER Tanager

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:58:33 -0300
From: iamclar@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, Eleanor Lindsay <az678@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Eleanor (and others)

The Summer Tanager is is a regular vagrant here, with over 100 “overshoots”
recorded in spring(27 Mar.-early July), mainly at feeders throughout the
province. About 40 reverse fall migrants have appeared widely between
late July
and mid November, and two have stayed at feeders into December.

So not an extreme rarity, but always a delight to find.

Cheers, Ian McLaren