[NatureNS] Butterfly

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:59:30 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Jeff,
    You appear to have been in the correct location. It is all private
property; Palmeter, Harrington and not doubt others. If you park at the
east small parking lot you can then cut by a path to the rail line,
thence west to a cross road with a 'Private Property  No Trespassing'
sign or something to that effect. As you continue past the sign there is
a grassed field to the east and the road swings west and then north to
cross a brook. In addition to the obvious woods roads there are several
mostly ingrown sledroads.

    Whoever owns the land north of the gravel pit has become annoyed
recently and posted strident looking Absolutely No Trespassing signs
along the road. I don't know what is behind that and someone who goes
there more often may know. Perhaps someone complained about extension of
the gravel pit, perhaps someone other than the owner has been dumping
trash (e.g. many poly bags of leaves) or hauling wood out.

Yt, DW