[NatureNS] Global warming

Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:52:43 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Lois,                June 1, 2008
    As I say, it can be difficult, especially when there is hype and
intentional distortion on both sides of an issue.

    I for many years was skeptical about global warming because there
were so many conflicting pieces of evidence. But Ruddiman has I think
unscrambled the puzzle and articles by him such as
Ruddiman Sci.Amer.March 2005 <http://ccr.aos.wisc.edu/News/0305046.pdf>
have convinced me that the effect is real and that so far it has been 'a
good thing' (at least locally). The future is another matter but
understanding the past must come first.

    I find it telling that Ruddiman publishes in such Journals as
Climate Change whereas Robinson et al. published in J. Amer. Physicians
and Surgeons. Many of the points in Robinson et al. are, in my opinion,
just drivel even if the substantiating facts are accurate.  And Ruddiman
does not figure in their References. Hmm.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville