[NatureNS] Fw: fallout

From: "Andy Moir/Chris Callaghan" <andyandchris@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 23:53:04 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C8AFD4.53470530

Hi All,

Carl, Shelley and Eric will all have more to add than I do, but I recall =
an early whale-watching expedition a few years ago, on a very foggy day, =
late May or early June. We were returning to Brier Island, and there =
were lots of little birds flying out of the fog, landing on the boat, =
getting scared off, trying to land again, and then falling into the =
water. It was a heartbreaking voyage for me. I was surprised to see that =
some of them were able to fly again after landing on the water. One =
little guy landed on the upper deck with Shelley, Eric and me and =
settled into a coil of rope and stayed there until we arrived at the =
dock in Westport, whereupon it flew off. So hopefully that one lived.

I guess that because they weren't able to see land they just got totally =
disoriented, We were only a couple of kilometres offshore.

Chris
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C8AFD4.53470530

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Carl, Shelley and Eric will =
all&nbsp;have more to=20
add than I do, but I recall an early whale-watching expedition a few =
years ago,=20
on a very foggy day, late May or early June. We were returning to Brier =
Island,=20
and there were lots of little birds flying out of the fog, landing on =
the boat,=20
getting scared off, trying to land again, and then falling into the =
water. It=20
was a heartbreaking voyage for me. I was surprised to see that some of =
them were=20
able to fly again after landing on the water. One little guy landed on =
the upper=20
deck with Shelley, Eric and me and settled into a coil of rope and =
stayed there=20
until we arrived at the dock in Westport, whereupon it flew off. So =
hopefully=20
that one lived.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I guess that because they weren't able =
to see land=20
they just got totally disoriented, We were only a couple of kilometres=20
offshore.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chris</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C8AFD4.53470530--