[NatureNS] Re: Painted Turtle

From: <lesley.butters@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 0:07:48 -0400

Albany New,on the Medway River Annapolis County, May 3-5/08.
2 American Bitterns frolicking on the edge of the river in front of my cottage.
16 barn swallows -2 belted kingfisher-a pair of flickers nesting in a tree in front of the cottage-1 painted turtle sunbathing
2 ruffed grouse bolting across the lane way as I drove in and later in the day the drumming began
1 very irritating morning dove
1 osprey -1 red tailed hawk
7 common merganers (6 males 1 female)
surprisingly only a  handful of black flies -1 dog tick
wild strawberry in bloom and lots of purple violets in bloom
The Upper Medway River is very low and it is only May.

Lesley Butters
Albany New