[NatureNS] Deer with a liking for sunflower seeds

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:58:47 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

A couple weeks ago, maybe three,  the cats were all excited in the night.
They got me up and in the light we could see 2 deer wandering along the bird
food path in the deeper snow. One came to the main feeder out front and
reared up, put one foot on the feeder and industriously cleaned off the
feeder. We assumed corn, but that one gets sunflower. The other crossed
through the snow to my neighbours Azalea and Holly and proceeded to have
quite a snack there. The tow joined up again, and went up the driveway to
the highway where they frolicked in the roadway before disappearing from
sight.
Marg Millard in White Point

http://margmillard.ca