[NatureNS] Questions

Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:15:02 -0500
From: "Paul S. Boyer" <psboyer@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

At least two of the organisations listed on the bag are birdseed
TRADE organizations, essentially.  That is perfectly all right with
me, and I don't see it as anything deceptive.  I just think that
consumers should understand.

There does not seem to be any independent group which tests the
purity of birdseed.  It would very expensive, and there may not be a
problem, anyway.

Someone who was really worried about the issue has a very easy
option: grow your own sunflowers.  It takes room and is not time-
efficient compared to simply buying huge sacks of the stuff in a
store, but you can do it, if you really want to.

Or you could set up a little home lab in the basement, and learn how
to analyse samples for impurities.  Let us know what you find.