[NatureNS] Glaucous Gulls and Belted Kingfisher

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:24:57 +0000

--_4e3e3b54-f613-4c0a-8b34-a7449f87c6fd_

I did a semi pre-scout for my fieldtrip for the South Shore Naturalists for=
 Winter Birding, which will be this Saturday. I did not go over the whole r=
oute that I intend to follow as I guess I was lax in getting out and about,=
 before work, (sleeping longer than I intended), but of note were two glauc=
ous gulls.  There was one at Back Harbour Lunenburg and another in Blue Roc=
ks.  A belted kingfisher was at Oakland, where one can be found most winter=
s.  In Bayport were about 200 greater scaup, closely bunched together and a=
ctually the closest I've seen them to shore with a number of lessers mixed =
in. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

--_4e3e3b54-f613-4c0a-8b34-a7449f87c6fd_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
I did a semi pre-scout for my fieldtrip for the South Shore Naturalists for=
 Winter Birding, which will be this Saturday.&nbsp;I did not go over the wh=
ole route that I intend to follow as I guess I was lax in getting out and a=
bout, before work, (sleeping longer than I intended), but of note were two =
glaucous gulls.&nbsp; There was one at Back Harbour Lunenburg and another i=
n Blue Rocks.&nbsp; A belted kingfisher was at Oakland, where one can be fo=
und most winters.&nbsp; In Bayport were about 200 greater scaup, closely bu=
nched together and actually the closest I've seen them to shore with a numb=
er of lessers mixed in.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>

--_4e3e3b54-f613-4c0a-8b34-a7449f87c6fd_--