[NatureNS] weird pheasant behaviour also in Grouse

Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:47:42 -0400
From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644
Hi Jim and all
Yesterday while on the Economy CBC I noted a Ruffed Grouse in full display
with a female? nearby, All the ruffs on his neck were elevated in full
display and the tail was fanned out. I was fortunate to have close views of
a male Black-backed Woodpecker on the trail by the gate in Economy PP.  I
think someone else also had another Black-backed during the count.
cheers
Ken