[NatureNS] Bohemian Waxwings invade White's Lake

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:05:32 -0400 (AST)
From: Pat McKay <ah205@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hello All,

I too was invaded by Bohemian Waxwings today. A largish flock of about
70 descended on my multiflora roses and stripped them bare in 15
minuts. The Chat is still hanging in there, but I thought he looked
really chilly yesterday in the gale force winds.

Cheers,
Pat McKay, 35 Edward St., Dartmouth.

  On Mon, 17 Dec 2007,
Marian Fulton & Art Harding wrote:

> The birds have completely stripped the multiflora rosehips and today the
> waxwings were going after the high bush cranberries.  They rarely go after
> the hawthorne fruits and the larger rose hips which are close by.
>
> We usually have bohemian waxwings but today there were cedars - a flock of
> about 20.
>
> Marian Fulton
> Hantsport NS

Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we
are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true - Bertrand Russell

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up
to sit in a library - F. Scott Fitzgerald

He flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode
madly off in all directions - Stephen Leacock

Merely corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to
an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative - W.S. Gilbert

returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact
                                               - Mark Twain

Nothing in life is more exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                                                    - Winston Churchill