[NatureNS] Good Digital Camera Question form Santa

From: "Gary Murray" <garymurray@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 22:11:36 -0400

e.g. record shots of a bird. If people are going to buy a higher end P&amp;amp;S, I would recommend no more than 7 mpx - preferably 5. You can get excellent 5 X 7 and acceptable 10 X 8 prints from these. However, it&amp;#39;s harder to get a decent crop, to, say, enlarge a bird in the center of an image, so as with all things technical, there are compromises to be made. The other thing beginners might be drawn into with P&amp;amp;Ss is digital zoom. Unfortunately this enlarges every pixel, and so makes the image look fuzzy and pixelated. The only zoom that counts is O

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C839E7.4CE42D70

Hi Richard, and all,

All good points, it is great to have a forum for these issues. Just =
thought I would throw that option out there in case it might fit =
someone's needs. It is a good thing that DSLR's prices are falling to =
the point that consumers can get a good rig at an affordable price. =
Photography/Birding is very rewarding,

cheers,
Gary.

  ----- Original Message -----=20