[NatureNS] global warming

From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:44:00 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Apple-Mail-44--610691152
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

You might also find The Weathermakers by Tim Flannery to be a great
read.

http://www.theweathermakers.ca/

His book looks at the same basic idea, that it has been long-term human
intervention going back millennia that has tipped the scales, so to
speak. If memory serves me he even calls the age in which this occurs
the Anthropocene, or something like that....

Pat

On Dec 3, 2007, at 9:43 PM, David & Alison Webster wrote:

> Hi Terry & All,            Dec 3, 2007
>    On a cold day global warming may seem far fetched. But try reading
> http://ccr.aos.wisc.edu/News/0305046.pdf
>
>    There are other more detailed and technical articles by Ruddiman
> and if anyone is interested I may be able to dig more out.
>
>    He has managed I think to pull the sometimes apparently conflicting
> evidence into a cohesive whole. So I am a convert.
> Yt, DW
>
> Terry Crowell wrote:
>
>> We were out to traps yesterday and this
>> morning if this is global warming I hope
>> it doesnt start getting cold.
>>   Terry Crowell

>> --
>> Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico /
>> MSN Shopping today!
>> <http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?
>> ctid=8338,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=1761116&tcode=HolidayGuide>

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-44--610691152

You might also find The Weathermakers by Tim Flannery to be a great
read.

http://www.theweathermakers.ca/

His book looks at the same basic idea, that it has been long-term
human intervention going back millennia that has tipped the scales, so
to speak. If memory serves me he even calls the age in which this
occurs the Anthropocene, or something like that....

Pat

<excerpt>Hi Terry & All,            Dec 3, 2007

   On a cold day global warming may seem far fetched. But try reading

http://ccr.aos.wisc.edu/News/0305046.pdf

   There are other more detailed and technical articles by Ruddiman
and if anyone is interested I may be able to dig more out.

   He has managed I think to pull the sometimes apparently conflicting
evidence into a cohesive whole. So I am a convert.

Yt, DW

Terry Crowell wrote:

<excerpt>We were out to traps yesterday and this

morning if this is global warming I hope

it doesnt start getting cold.

  Terry Crowell

Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico /
MSN Shopping today!
<<http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/content/shp/?ctid=8338,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=1761116&tcode=HolidayGuide>

</excerpt>

Patrick Kelly

Director of Computer Facilities

Faculty of Architecture and Planning

Dalhousie University

PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road

Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4

Canada                                 Canada

Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672
E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca

</fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-44--610691152--