[NatureNS] Black Vulture, Grasshopper Sparrow

From: "Terri Crane" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:27:19 -0400

 Hi All

We were able to relocate th Black Vulture in Little Dover and get excelent
views today. As I suspected it was still in the area close by and only
coming into the town (Canso) sporaticly. This bird has been in this area for
about 1 1/2 weeks now and that directly corasponds to our time line of it
getting hard to find. Eric and Anne were able to get it today before they
left for home.

The Grasshopper Sparrow found on friday and very well studied/photographed
by by all (except Ian and Blake that departed early) yesterday at about 15
feet. It was picked up again today by Wayne Neily and I. It was in the exact
same spot in the cut grass in the Marina parking lot. We were very , very,
lucky to again get to study this bird at about 15 feet in the wide open.
Better photos today!

A summery of the Canso Area NSBS walk is to follow. 67 species and 21
birders in the feild under tuff conditions!

Tom K
Canso