[NatureNS] Comet Holmes observation

From: Sherman Williams <shermw@xcountry.tv>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:02:11 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Apple-Mail-2--290917196
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

I've just come in from having a quick look at Comet Holmes this
evening; the sky is clearing out.  This may be the last opportunity
for a while to have a look before  moonlight begins to wash out the
sky contrast again (more c;oudy weather in the forecast coming later
through the night). Theere was a thin crescent of the New Moon
visible, earlier this evening.  Its location has not changed
much....just a little nearer Mirfak.

I am copying my message sent to the RASC list earlier today,
reporting on an observation I made this morning.  The comet diameter,
in real size, has now expanded to about 1.5 million km. What I think
is most neat about the comet is the binocular star field it is
combined with.

I'll also include Roy's response. Note also, his closing report on
the crescent moon this evening.

All the best,

Sherman

*****************  COMET HOLMES early this morning (Monday)