[NatureNS] Ontario Birds

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:33:42 +0000

--_4b7f7e62-89c7-48a2-bb98-c7d97883836f_

Hi all:
=20
It will be nice to get back to NS again to Naturens and the Rare Bird Alert=
.  I hope that both of these sites continue as they are and do not go the w=
ay of Ontario Birds.  The list administrator for Ontario Birds is not a ver=
y nice person.  Everyone else is great though.  The site itself has become =
very cold, structured and impersonable.  At least this is my impression of =
it over the past two years or so.  I do not believe that the list person is=
 friendly to birders outside of Ontario.  This is my impression only and I =
could be wrong.  In terms of their structure you only list the bird and dir=
ections and nothing else.  It has to be a rare bird and if not woo unto the=
 lister.  Large movements of birds and other such sightings which we find r=
elevant and might produce something good are frowned upon on the Ontario li=
st. =20
=20
I would say about 85 percent violate the terms of the list, but nothing is =
said to Ontario birders.  Likely most do not post important things and many=
 observations and good birds are missed.  Well have to go and hope all is w=
ell with everyone in NS.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore
Currently visiting Ontario
Explore the seven wonders of the world
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=3D7+wonders+world&mkt=3Den-US&form=3DQ=
BRE=

--_4b7f7e62-89c7-48a2-bb98-c7d97883836f_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
It will be nice to get back to NS again to Naturens and the Rare Bird Alert=
.&nbsp; I hope that both of these sites continue as they are and do not go =
the way of Ontario Birds.&nbsp; The list administrator for&nbsp;Ontario Bir=
ds is not a very nice person.&nbsp; Everyone else is great though.&nbsp; Th=
e site itself has become very cold, structured and impersonable.&nbsp; At l=
east this is my impression of it over the past two years or so.&nbsp; I do =
not believe that the list person is friendly to birders outside of Ontario.=
&nbsp; This is my impression only and I could be wrong.&nbsp; In terms of t=
heir structure you only list the bird and directions and nothing else.&nbsp=
; It has to be a rare bird and if not woo unto the lister.&nbsp; Large move=
ments of birds and other such sightings which we find relevant and might pr=
oduce something good are frowned upon on the Ontario list.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
I would say about 85 percent violate the terms of the list, but nothing is =
said to Ontario birders.&nbsp; Likely most do not post important things and=
 many observations and good birds are missed.&nbsp; Well have to go and hop=
e all is well with everyone in NS.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Dublin Shore<BR>
Currently visiting Ontario<BR><br /><hr />Explore the seven wonders of the =
world <a href=3D'http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=3D7+wonders+world&mkt=
=3Den-US&form=3DQBRE' target=3D'_new'>Learn more!</a></body>

--_4b7f7e62-89c7-48a2-bb98-c7d97883836f_--