[NatureNS] ants, flying/spiralling in NW Arm area of HRM

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:10:11 -0300
From: haggis@eastlink.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The Arm was coated with dead or dying insects.  I'm sure they were
probably ants, it's just that their bodies seemed different... not so
segmented.  They were black to a dull dark gray and about 4 to 5 mm
long.  I only had my zoom lens with me, so I didn't get a good close
up.  You are right  they were spiraling in a counter clockwise
direction.  You described the feeling of watching them exactly.  It
was amazing.

Cheers,

Ann M.