[NatureNS] ants, flying/spiralling in NW Arm area of HRM

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:19:50 -0300

	That is a great read on the Coriolis force from Wikipedia, which I
usually find very helpful. Next time I see some of those spiralling ants I will
have to check their spiralling direction for sure to see if they all go in one
direction. Or perhaps some of the people on the NWArm can check on their
rotation, please, if there are a few late spirals still emerging from the
ground? If it is random and chaotic then there is a lot of that in nature. If
they are all spiralling in one direction, then the question will be, as always,
why? Then would the spiralling direction be determined by genetics, and if
so, why, for what purpose? Perhaps I did not take enough of a sample.
Perhaps there were too many ants in my eyes to see anything properly!
JET