[NatureNS] ants in the hummingbird feeder

Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rob Woods <rrtwoods@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I have great success using the red umbrellas from the
store in Mahone Bay. They are deep enough that they do
not need refilling very often. They also can support
the 32 oz feeders I have to fill twice a week.

Rob Woods
Georgefield NS

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=53826&cat=2,10719,33068&ap=1

> It holds a lot of water, creating a moat that the
> ants can't cross.
> Disclaimer - a satisfied customer but not otherwise
> involved.
>
> We've also smeared cooking oil on the support wire
> with great success, but
> it has to be renewed periodically.
>
> Peter Payzant

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's