[NatureNS] Possible Black vulture

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:16:45 +0000

Hi all:

I have not had time to check this out yet.  Just in case it does turn out to
be a black vulture, it is in Cherryfield.  Pictures were taken of the bird
and are to be forwarded to me later for confirmation.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

In my excitement  last night  I said we saw a black turkey vulture but meant
to say a black vulture. It was still present this morning  and we found some
road kill to feed it! Later in the day, my sister-in-law said there was
another one on the scene.  The bird flew in and perched on the barn roof. We
placed the dead rabbit on the field below and it took the bird some 20 odd
minutes to come down to investigate. It then seemed to be afraid of the
rabbit but after dancing around it , it finally perched on it and started
picking it apart. Very exciting.  Janice Wilson

Show Your Messenger Buddies How You Really Feel
http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=EMENCA122