[NatureNS] Books on lawns (was Lawn flowers/weeds)

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:20:53 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi there,

         I think the first is the book which  Joan had in mind, but
here are two books critiquing this idea of lawns:

Title:          The lawn : a history of an American obsession /
Virginia Scott Jenkins.
Author:         Jenkins, Virginia Scott.
Publication Info.    Washington, D.C. : Smithsonian Institution
Press, c1994.

Title:          American green : the obsessive quest for the perfect
lawn / Ted Steinberg.
Author: Steinberg, Theodore,1961-
Publication Info.   New York : W.W. Norton, c2006.

         Cheers,

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax