[NatureNS] Lawn flowers/weeds

From: "Marian Fulton & Art Harding" <fulton.harding@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:38:47 -0300

Two books available in the Halifax Public Libraries might be of interest:

How to get your lawn off grass : a North American guide to turning off the
water tap and going native /
    Rubin, Carole.

Redesigning the American lawn : a search for environmental harmony /
    Bormann, F. Herbert, 1922-

There are two books on the subject in the NS University Libraries Catalogue
(Novanet) You should be able to get them by an inter-library loan through
one of your local Halifax libraries.

The Lawn: a history of an American Obsession - Virginia Scott Jenkins

American Green: the obsessive quest for the perfect lawn - Theodore
Steinberg

There are also other "alternative lawn" books available by inter-library
loan from various regional libraries around the province.

Marian Fulton
Hantsport NS