[NatureNS] great egret at Conrad's Beach

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:36:01 -0300
From: Susann Myers <myerss@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi, Bob.

Re. your unidentified shorebird, I did see two first-year White-rumped
Sandpipers and one first-year Ruddy Turnstone at Conrad Beach last Sunday.
In immature plumages, these one-year old shorebirds are hard to ID at this
time of year.  But it's great to know they are spending at least part of
their pre-breeding summer here.
Cheers,
Susann