[NatureNS] re gaspereau and ospreys

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:06:43 -0300

Hello Dorothy -
      My experience with kiack began in Pleasant Lake. When I lived in
Arcadia I would stop occasionally and watch them catch the fish in the
river. And occasionally they would catch a shad as well. I have never heard
of them getting shad here, but one year they caught a salmon which had to go
back in again, and occasionally they catch trout.
       I have had a couple of humming birds for about two weeks. I don't see
them together every day, but every once in awhile they will be at the
feeder. I started walking
earlier in the week and am hoping Sandhills will be open any day now. I
noticed ropes up and piping plover signs at Crow-neck beach in Baccaro the
other day, but there were no piping plover around.

Roland.