[NatureNS] re gaspereau and ospreys

From: "Dorothy" <dort@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:10:49 -0300

Hi Roland:
Your correct on that, I'm from Yarmouth, and as Kids we used to go up to the
Milton dam and fish ladders that are at the bottom of Vancouver st. to watch
the men dip for "kiack".  I always wished I could jump in there and try to
catch one!! :)

Dorothy Cameron

PS, I have had a male and I female hummingbird for the past few days

From: Roland McCormick <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>

 The natives in this area have always used the name "Kiack", and I believe
that is also true of the people in the
Yarmouth area.

Roland.