[NatureNS] Black shouldered Kite !!QUESTIONS!!

Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:01:16 -0400
From: "Richard Stern" <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_184496_24188190.1177794076537

Hi again,

Arthur Cleveland Bent's Life Histories, publshed originally in
1937,refers only to White-tailed Kite as the N.American species, so I wonder
at what point it was referred to as Black-shouldered? I recall that older
european field guides referred to White-tailed, so at some point it looks as
if there was a complete name switch between the two - all very confusing!

Richard

--
#################
Dr.Richard Stern,