[NatureNS] Black shouldered Kite !!QUESTIONS!!

Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:49:03 -0300
From: "Eric L. Mills" <e.mills@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Dear Ulli, Clarence et al.,

White-tailed Kite is the current name of the former Black-shouldered Kite in North America.
Older field-guides list the species by the latter name.

White-tailed Kites are mainly southwestern, but there is a small population in Florida, and
there are some overshoot records from the northeastern USA in spring and summer.

Having said all that, the last Kite that I followed up on turned out to be a male Northern
Harrier. So some caution is advisable.

Eric