[NatureNS] More on frog & toad sounds and order of species in Spring to early

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:38:51 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: John Gilhen <GILHENJA@gov.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_o8Gr3CgxSXC+lTu0Rn9e3Q)

Thanks for both reports, Gary, and for the educational site below.  Jim
----------
From: Gary Myers <gemyers@av.eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:16:53 -0300
To: nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject: [NatureNS] Frog Sounds

Hi Jim
I went to the site below for some education and I'd say that the ones that
weren't peepers were Wood Frogs.  Gary Myers

http://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/general/songs.html

For those who don't know it, John Gilhen is former curator (and volunteer
one, now) of Herptiles and Fishes at N.S. Museum of Nat. Hist., and the
author of the book, "Amphibians and Reptiles of Nova Scotia" or some such
title, copyright about 1984?, published by N.S. Museum, with lovely
illustrations by Fred Scott, another former curator at the Museum and
presently curator of Acadia Biology Museum in Wolfville (part-time).  Jim

Thanks, John, and I'm sharing this paragraph with NatureNS, which I'm sure
is OK with you.  Jim