[NatureNS] Blue spotted Salamander

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:53:08 -0300

	 That is a very interesting report of the Blue Spotted Salamander.
They are actually a form of the Yellow ones, but much less commonly
seen.  There are people who might like to see and photograph it before it is
released. It might survive alright in your basement on the bugs that crawl
around in most cellars, but it will not be able to pass along its beautiful and
unusual blue spots unless it is near the water in the marsh where eggs will
be laid and fertilized.
	I am trying to contact a friend who is an expert herpatologist who
might like to see it. I cannot remember where you live, Wild Flora?  Just so
I can tell him how far it might be to travel, if you don't mind some
company?   Jean