[NatureNS] honeybees working crocuses ALSO salamander

From: "Wild Flora" <herself@wildflora.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:23:28 -0300

I too had a bee-like insect working my crocuses yesterday. It looked like a
honeybee--even had large pollen sacks on the legs--but I could count only
two wings. Is it safe for me to assume that this was indeed a honeybee and
that I was just having trouble seeing the second pair of wings? (The insect
was moving so quickly that I did have trouble getting a good look at her.)

I other wildlife encounters, I found my first basement salamander of the
season, a large (body about 2 inches or more plus tail) blue-spotted. I
usually find salamanders (usually yellow spotted) every spring in an area of
the basement that is quite damp because of water leaking through some
cracks. I'm never sure whether I should give these fellows a ride out to the
marsh that surrounds our pond or whether they're happy where they are and I
should just leave them alone. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my pollinator question earlier this
week!

Wild Flora