[NatureNS] Fox Sparrow- Wolfville Ridge

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:21:53 -0300

Wolfville Ridge:

Mon Apr 9 / 07:

Our first Fox Sparrow of the season was happily scratching away under two
small balsam fir trees by our bird feeders today.    A neighbour ½ km east
of here reported seeing one in her yard yesterday.

Also three f/imms. Purple Finches joined the single male Purple Finch that
has been hanging around this past week.

On Apr 7 - a Brown Creeper.

Flocks of  Juncos and Goldfinches have turned up since the snowstorm dumped
~30cms here over the weekend, and Song Sparrows are abundant with their song
and presence...

Cheers
Judy Tufts

   Judy  Tufts