[NatureNS] Red-tailed Hawk hit by car near Truro

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:52:06 -0400
From: "Richard Stern" <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi,

The other morning on the way to work I hit a R-N Pheasant flying
across the road close to home. It hit the grille of my SUV witth a
terrific thump, and what was left of it carreened across the road and
landed on the verge. Neither I nor my vehicle were damaged. A few
years ago a colleague had his windshield smashed by a passing pheasant
in the same spot. A few winters ago a colleague of my wife told her
that a small bird had hit her car on the 101 between Halifax and
Kentville at night, and she got out to check, and the bird was dead
but in good condition inside her engine! She kept it and gave it to me
for ID - it was a Saw-whet Owl - now property of the Acadia museum.

Richard

--
Dr.Richard Stern,

Richard Stern,