[NatureNS] Signs of Spring

From: "Wild Flora" <herself@wildflora.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:38:19 -0300

Hi all,
Thanks so much for helping me to identify the bird call that has been
intriguing me for a year now. Indeed, it turns out that the answer has been
under my nose (and all around my head) all along: The song I've been hearing
isn't identical with the recorded call of the black-capped chickadee that I
was able to find online, but it's very close.
   Speaking of online resources, if you haven't visited the Cornell
Laboratory of Ornithology website lately, it's well worth checking out. They
seem to have reorganized and redesigned and seem to have added a lot of new
information, including an entire area devoted to the ivory billed
woodpecker. The extensive bird guide, including recording of bird songs, is
now part of a big new "All About Birds" section. The main site is at
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/ and "All About Birds" is at
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/.
Wild Flora