[NatureNS] Barrington

From: <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:35:40 -0300

Last night about midnight I noticed my outdoor light was on .  Usually this
is a sign that there is an animal in the back yard. I looked out and there
was a large racoon feasting on black sunflour seeds that had fallen from a
feeder. We still have snow here, and it was a surprise to see one so early.

A new bird - a red breasted nuthatch has been around for a couple of days.
I have my usual three cardinals - one male the others female.
Chicadees - a small flock
Sparrows - mostly white throated, but one song sparrow.
Three squirrels - and I suspect at least one has found the seed stored in
the garage.
About a dozen goldfinch.

Roland.