[NatureNS] Update: Nova Scotia Winter List

From: "Terri Crane" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "Blake Maybank" <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>,
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:43:57 -0400

Hi Blake and All.

Funny you mentioned Gyrfalcon. Timing was just right. I viewed one yesterday
over the harbour (Canso). I was panning, following the approach of a low
flying plane when it appeared in the field of view! After ~ 5 min of viewing
(with book at hand) and following the bird for closer looks. I concluded I
was viewing my first tickable Gyrfalcon (a couple of other possible birds in
the past but never one to "tick"). This bird actually received two ticks,
the second was for my yard list as specie # 189 and just before dark I had a
visit from 3 GC Kinglets briefly in the yard that are not that special
usually, other than being the 190th specie for our yard.

All the best
Tom K
Canso