[NatureNS] Re: Boreal Chickadees

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:22:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Blake and All
Today BB and I went for a hike in inland Luneburg
County. Walked prehaps 10 k in 4 hours all through
woodland. Mostly oak, some spruce and some pine. Rocky
county - trees old but short and small.
The bird count was 4 ravens, 3 ruffed grouse and 2
boreal chickadees. Pretty typical if my memory serves
me ok. Not many CBC birders would want that for their
count.
Once a young angler asked me for my best advice on
catching fish. My answer was "fish were the fish are."
Same with birders - if you want a good count - go
where the birds are - even if no grey jays or boreals
there.
Have a good winter
Paul