FW: [NatureNS] Pine siskins & Common grackles

Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:14:20 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Very good, Jeannie.  As far as I know for the eastern Valley/West Hants
areas, we have almost no siskins and no grackles at all -- althoug I always
say there are grackles and redwings and cowbirds somewhere locally all
winter -- it's just a question of finding them.  The Wolfville count this
year on Dec. 16/06 had a single siskin, at a feeder in Wolfville (Gertrude
Waseem, who knows them well).  Cheers from Jim in Wolfville