[NatureNS] Cooper's Hawk

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:52:49 -0400

	One was seen in August of 1992 at Evangeline Beach by Brenda
Thexton and myself with two birders from the Maine Audubon Society, one
of whom quickly identified it as it flew in off the water. He certainly made no
hesisitation about identifying it. It did look larger to all of us than a Sharpie,
and he had noted other features about it that made it a Cooper's Hawk and
not a Sharpie. I don't know why I did not record a day, and Bill didn't make
note of it either, as he was not with us. JET