[NatureNS] Blue Jay flock

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:49:02 -0400

	I saw a flock of 10 here in Wolfville last week, and the tenth one
was very busy tearing apart a wasp's nest high in a tree. If the height of a
wasp's nest is any indication of the height of our snows to come, then we
are really in for trouble like we haven't seen here yet. I've never seen a
wasp nest so high, at least 30 feet in a young maple. Anyway Blue Jay #10
was having a great time gathering his breakfast from the nest while the
other 9 flew off.
	I remember seeing large numbers of Blue Jays on Brier Island one
fall prior to migration. Quite a few of them leave us apparently.  Jean