[NatureNS] ALGAE AND FRIENDS

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 05:02:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dave, Gloria and All
Sounds like the solution to the problem. It is listed
on the www in the Lichens of Romania. Not sure if it
is imported or native to here. I'm not very fluent in
Romanian!
Its is growing in a fairly restricted area of prehaps
200m in exactly the environmential conditions Dave
suggests. The growth is much more pronounced in the
middle and decomes less to the east side.
It is in a small cove facing north in an area where
little sun shines. The cove is fairly narrow - 400m
prehaps and has a small brook flowing in at the top.
An interesting lichen.
Thanks
Paul