[NatureNS] Re: Barrington birds

From: <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:36:15 -0400

Two female cardinals at my feeders yesterday at the same time. The male is
also here, but I see that only occasionally.
Most of my birds are still getting their food from natural sources. I am
using very little nyger seed - I have about 12 goldfinch at the feeders.
When the snow comes that will probably increase to 30 goldfinch plus pine
siskin, purple finch, and other small birds that like nyger seed.
Blue jays, mourning doves, chicadees,  are my most common birds. That have
just finished my first two large bags of seed.

Roland.