[NatureNS] more on Quirks and Quarks, Nov. 4/06,

Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:43:57 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

Thanks, Pete, and I will share your reply with NatureNS readers -- perhaps
Dave Christie will forward also to NatureNB?  Cheers from Jim in Wolfville
----------
From: "Hicklin,Peter [Sackville]" <Peter.Hicklin@EC.GC.CA>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:48:33 -0400
To: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Subject: RE: re Quirks and Quarks, Nov. 4/06, on mud shrimp & omega-3 oils
& sandpiper metabolism

Thanks, Jim.

This work was done by an MSc student (Dominique Maillet; University of
Ottawa) and based on birds collected at our banding site (with all the
necessary permits, of course) at Johnson's Mills, near Sackville. She
published an excellent paper in the Journal of Experimental Biology
which has received considerable attention (as further shown by the
Quirks & Quarks item). I've always said that Corophium is a very special
critter and Dominique's excellent work is clear proof of that! And I'm
glad to see that it gets all the attention it deserves. It is simply
further proof of how important the Bay of Fundy mudflats are and why
they deserve full protection. Thanks for informing me as I had not seen
the program.

Cheers from Pete in Sackville.