FW: [NatureNS] bohemian waxwings

Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 21:54:48 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_qINOFbJ+g5B41jWBKFauKQ)

I agree that these two records are extremely early for Bohemian waxwings in
our areas, but I have the impression from somewhere that in recent years
very often they turn up much farther east in Newfoundland in early Winter
before they come here -- then, after they feast on and deplete the berries
of mountain-ash etc. on The Rock, they move west and south to the Maritimes
to find other sources of food, before their call in the Spring takes them
far to the west and north to nest.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville