[NatureNS] Black-billed Cuckoo, Wolfville

From: "Luke DeCicco" <akswallow@hotmail.com>
To: NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com, naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:39:23 -0800

Hello all,
As Darroch Whitaker and I walked down the dykes to look for the Wheatear
this afternoon around 5, which we didn't find, we flushed a HY Black-billed
Cuckoo.  It flew off from the trail very close to the skate park near
wolfville harbour.  The bird was very cooperative and i was able to get a
few decent pictures.  It still had fair amounts, maybe about 1/8, juvinal
plumage remaining, it also was puffing up a bit and didn't look all that
great.  Is this a pretty late date to see them?  Again, we walked all of the
Dyke area where the Wheatear was and could not relocate it.
Bird on,
Luke DeCicco
Wolfville