[NatureNS] NSBS - Cape Breton Chapter & Meeting in Cheticamp

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Everyone;

Here are the details of our next Cape Breton Chapter
meeting (Everyone welcome!) in Cheticamp, on Friday
night.

There are several field trips the next day.  Again,
everyone welcome!

Cheers;
Suzanne

*******************************************************************************************************************************

> Cape Breton Birders Meeting in Cheticamp
> Friday, October 13th, at 7:30 pm at the Cape Breton
> Highlands National
> Park Headquarters Building
> Randy Lauff of St. FX University will give a talk
> entitled, "In Pursuit of the Highlands' Owls"

Randy Lauff has been doing owl research in the
Highlands since 1996.  He was the first to document
breeding of both the Boreal Owl and the Northern Hawk
Owl in Nova Scotia, and both of these records were
from the Highlands of Cape Breton.  This slide show
will document the adventures and misadventures of
Randy, his students and volunteers as they seek to
better understand the lives of these creatures.

Cape Breton Birders Field Trip in Cheticamp

On Saturday, October 14th, meet at the Cape Breton
Highlands National Park Headquarters Building at 9:00
am for a field trip in the Cape Breton Highlands.
There will be a number of guided field trips to choose
from.  Possible choices include:
 - Cheticamp Island (sea birds, shorebirds and forest
species)
 - the Acadian trail (a variety of habitats and a
moderately challenging hike)
 - the Skyline trail (scenic vistas and possible
sightings of eagles and hawks).

All are welcome to attend.